Energy Monitoring are useful for determining where your power consumption is occurring. These systems are a great first step to guide consumers in learning where to upgrade appliances such as panel upgrades, whole house rewiring, whole house fans, photovoltaic solar systems, lighting design, recessed lighting, retrofit, remodel and additions, electric vehicle charging stations, and electrical troubleshooting. Home or Kitchen Remodeling.
Energy monitoring solutions from The Energy Detective, By Energy Inc, are now available for residential installation. These systems report real-time energy use or production of electrical power. These are installed at the circuit breaker panel, and send data to your home computer or web-based services.
- Email Messaging – personalized system status updates and energy-saving advice based on individual use on-screen and with user-defined e-mail or SMS notifications.
- Security Alerts – record when appliances, lighting or electronics are running excessively or at unexpected times.
- Lock-Down Privacy – keeps your detailed energy usage patterns secure on your computer – no need to share with utilities or 3rd parties.
- Rate Selector – in locations where utilities offer multiple billing programs, FIDO product can compare tariffs based on personal usage to show best option for your home.
- Electric Vehicle Charge Cost Monitor – tracks EV charging in dollars and KW.
- Remote Access – e-mail or SMS alerts users to unusual electrical use.
- Universal Meter Compatibility – provides comprehensive monitoring that provides intelligence from traditional utility meters.
- Makes Smart Meters Smarter – enables dramatic savings as utilities roll out a new generation of Smart Meters with complex time-of-use billing schemes.
- Parental Control – lets parents know how the kids use electricity and enables remote ON/OFF (remote feature coming soon).
- Outlet Control – for individual electrical outlets (coming soon).
- In-Home Net Metering – For installations with alternative energy input (solar, wind, generator, etc.), monitors show real-time generation and net cost savings in dollars and KWHr
Installation generally takes about one day of time on-site to install equipment and train users on system operation.
Service Area: San Jose, Santa Clara, Mountain View, Sunnyvale, Los Gatos, Los Altos, Campbell, Holy City, Cupertino, Saratoga, Redwood Estates, Milpitas, Mount Hamilton, New Almaden, Morgan Hill, San Martin, Palo Alto, Stanford, Fremont, Alviso, Gilroy, Los Altos Hills.